Software Engineering Intern Summer 2016
The New York Times
- Increased CMS search speed 10x with Elasticsearch.
- Search frontend: reduced UI complexity, designed results for quick scanning, provided as-you-type feedback for queries.
- Wrote a typographic headline balancer using binary search that runs on all NYTimes.com article pages.
Software Engineering Intern, hackNY Fellow Summer 2015
- Created customizable UI components for campaign page builder.
- Developed full stack using React, Django, Flask, MongoDB.
- Accepted into hackNY Fellows program of mentorship and lectures with founders, civic leaders, Columbia and NYU faculty.
Web Developer & Designer 2014 – present
- Worked among several departments to prioritize, design, and create pages for major athletic events.
- Developed internal applications to improve workflow processes.
- Worked with website provider to coordinate full site redesign, created web style guide.
Digital Managing Editor 2014 – 2015
- Managed the 80 people in online, video, radio, and blogging departments of the university newspaper.
- Coordinated interdepartmental breaking news coverage and collaboration on feature stories.
Head of Web Development 2013 – 2014
- Managed a department of 30 developers in project teams.
- Interviewed and hired applicants. Ran meetings, planned socials.