Software Engineer 2017 – present
- Led frontend development and integration testing of Visa Merchant Category Code collection from PayPal sellers.
- Developing in Node.js, React, Redux.
- Mentored intern, interviewed 20+ candidates, planned events for recent college grads, won 1st place in internal hackathon.
Software Engineering Intern Summer 2016
The New York Times
- Wrote a typographic headline balancer with binary search that runs on all NYTimes.com article pages.
- Increased CMS search speed 10x with Elasticsearch.
- Search frontend: reduced complexity, redesigned results display, implemented as-you-type feedback for queries.
hackNY Fellow, Software Engineering Intern Summer 2015
- Accepted into hackNY Fellows mentorship program, learned from NYC founders and civic leaders.
- Created customizable UI components for campaign page builder.
- Developed full stack using React, Django, Flask, MongoDB.
Web Developer & Designer 2014 – 2017
- Worked among several departments to prioritize, design, and create pages for major athletic events.
- Developed internal applications to improve workflow processes.
- Worked with website provider to coordinate full site redesign, created web style guide.
Managing Editor, Digital 2014 – 2015
- Taught and advised 80+ people in web development, videography, podcasting, and blogging at the university newspaper.
- Coordinated interdepartmental breaking news coverage and collaboration on feature stories.